Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Inversion

I've always enjoyed the morning drives to EskDale, taking the kids to preschool. I've learned to bring my camera in case I see anything inspiring to photograph (since I've missed out on opportunities before). Of course it was a pleasure to come across one of my favorite critters in the animal kingdom: The Golden Eagle.



This week there has been crazy inversions. On this particular morning, Tuesday, Baker was in the clear, free from the creeping fog at that particular time (because we were all aware how quickly the weather changes here). While driving down the cut-off road, here is what highway 6 & 50 looked like..............



Making our way into it.........................



Then, in the thick of it..........


When I got to Eskdale - it looked like a frosted wonderland ~ very cold; but beautiful :)

I wouldn't want to be one of those kids to lick a metal swing set pole on a day like this!
Speaking from experience from long ago ;)

Thinking about the frost, this memory came flooding back......

lol


Burrrrrrrrr, does that make you want to crawl under a blanket with a hot beverage?
Or does that make you want to grab a sled and launch yourself down a powdered hill?

2 comments: