Tuesday, August 8, 2017

July Birthdays

This year for my birthday I treated myself to a solo hike. I was grateful to have my friends, Stephanie and Brandi, watch my kids. I was giddy as a school girl as I stepped on the trail  haha. I started the adventure at 10,000 with the glacier as my target destination. First, I meandered through the ancient forest...


I'm 37 years young. Seriously young as I touch a 3,000 yr old living Bristlecone Pine.
Perspective.








Even after death, the Bristlecone Pine stands for centuries.....



I continued up the trail "chill'in" on the way to the glacier. Fourteenth of July and there was still deep patches of snow :)



Official "Glacier" view:


I made it in great timing! I relaxed a little but mostly I freed the animal! Haha





I decided that one of the best places to get away from the July tourists was to hike off trail to Brown Lake. Usually it looks like a shallow mud puddle, but this year with the snowfall it looked clear, full and beautiful. It was just what I was looking for.....



Silence and Solitude







Over 7 miles of hiking plus time for zen; beautiful sunset to end the day. Ahhhhhhh :)


We celebrated Bryan's birthday with a good ol' fashioned rodeo in Hinckley, Utah. My aunt and uncle, Joe and Loretta, were there too. What a great evening! 











Another year older..... and wiser :) 




"Happy Birthday Hunny B !"

No comments:

Post a Comment