Tuesday, August 22, 2017

2017 Perseid Shower/Snake Valley Night Sky

One of the best rewards in Snake Valley is when we get draped every night with one of the greatest night skies in the country. This month there was a Perseid Shower. The moon rise was early, so if I was going to catch it I had to get out in between 9:00 - 10:20 pm. I decided to take my gear to Wheeler Peak Overlook; 10,000 ft. Even though the park has been really busy this summer, I had the place to myself. Stellar.
Funny that looking at the night sky makes you feel like the only one on earth; but really it connects us all. For a good hour, I soaked it in. Mostly, I had fun taking photos of the bright Milky Way....


Wheeler Peak & Jeff Davis Peaks:


Summit Parking Lot:





The stars were aligned in my favor and I captured what I wanted ....... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment