Thursday, December 15, 2016

Gee Wiz, it's (almost) Christmas

The has been the weirdest couple of months. Too warm and (really) dry, weather-wise. I'm so thrown off that I'm having a hard time convincing myself that Christmas is coming. This isn't a complaint. It's just a statement. To help us get into the Christmas spirit we had an after-school craft session. We created snow flakes. Thank you Utube!


To find snow, we had to go up higher elevation. We weren't going to harvest a tree this year because we are traveling back east for the holidays. But, public lands was having a promotion where a 4th grader in each family got a free tree and pass into a national park. So, we went ahead and had our great search for the 2016 tree! Ava picked out a grand one!




It was 53 degrees that day! Heat wave for December !
Gee Wiz! It's almost Christmas I think!
lol


I didn't get out all the usual decorations. Good thing we have a tree up now to make it look more like the season. Of course, packages arrive one after the other.
P.S. When you have little people in your house the package is so much more fun than anything that was inside ;)


The little elves in the house are telling me that it's almost Christmas. We put up a string of lights around the tree to help set the mood....


I'm sure it's the weather, but is anyone else in Baker confused right now?
When you walk around town at the lights, and go to the annual events it looks like Christmas. I'm just accustomed to having "significant weather systems" move through to make it feel like Christmas!
When Old Man Winter doesn't knock, I feel off. I guess we have to go to Ohio to get snow.
Again, I'm not complaining. I'm just making a statement.
I'm sure the weather will make a statement sooner or later too!
lol

No comments:

Post a Comment