Wednesday, December 7, 2016

First Snow, Turkey Shoot, and Meeting Madi!

Where did November go?! I decided that I really don't like to be rushed. Busy, yes (in a healthy way) ~ but not rushed to where I seem unprepared for things and events which is how the whole year has been! "Goodness me!" As Willow would say.... haha. So, the weather has been unbelievably dry. We finally had our first snow storm in November. I couple of inches of dry white powder that I don't believe quenched the trees thirst. The first falling snow was super exciting for Ava who dreams of a white winter. She has been looking forward to making snow figures and sledding. Eating leftover otter pops in a blizzard would have to do I guess. There's got to be a real storm heading our way sometime....



First taste of Winter:


Mid-November, the annual Turkey Shoot was held at range:








I stole these next photos from Tana Baker off facebook......






Sarah, Jamie and the girls came out a couple of days early for Thanksgiving Break. We finally got to meet the new member of the family ~ Madilyn! We of course all fell in love with her. Such a sweetie.




Willow was probably the most excited of all. You know how she loves babies!






Then there is Sarah. She makes motherhood look easy. She can go through a tornado and come out shining like an angel. She's amazing. She's a wonderful role model and inspiration for her growing girls!


It was going to be a great Thanksgiving. I was looking forward to some family time! It's not that often we are all together under one roof.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! I don't like the rushed/ feeling unprepared all the time either, busy is good, but sometimes I just crave for things to be simple. :)

    ReplyDelete