Monday, December 7, 2015

First Snow in Snake Valley


Our first snow came as leaves still clinged to the vine holding on to the last days of Fall. It was pretty exciting. We really didn't get as much snow as the weather forecast had predicted. I think that we've only had two storms so far this winter that brought measurable snow. In the valley it usually melts rapidly. We had to go up into the mountains to play hard in it......






There was enough snow to make our first snow friend. Charlie was with us that day to help. Ava ran inside and picked out the accessories. We ended up with our first ever "Afro Snowman." Pretty creative!  
(I'll tell you now that our snowman was so large that it's been a few weeks and it still hasn't fully melted.) 



It snowed a little overnight. Willow and I went out to play for a little while. Ok, she played and ate snow while I followed her and took photos.....Haha






We had two play sessions that day as you may notice from her attire ;)



She waited for freshly falling snow......




The following day we were to meet friends to run sleds in the park. We were the first to show so we went and explored Lehman Creek. Absolutely gorgeous up there!





Winter wonderland.....


My snow angels :) 








We made some tracks on the road. That was the most exciting spot we found until the others arrived with their sleds.....



It's easy to find fun in the great outdoors.....


Yeah! The rest of the crew arrived!




Gretchen found a spot near the picnic area to try out. Success!
















What a great snow day! I'm still wondering where our el nino is?
I want another sled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment