Hidden Valley:
We decided to take an evening hike to Barker Dam and wander amongst the various types of cacti, massive boulders, and of course the legendary Joshua Trees.......
Beautiful crazy Aunt Audrey......
In the thick of the Joshua Tree stand......
Little Joshua Tree; little Willow :)
We stopped at some Petroglyphs. They would have been more fascinating if people wouldn't have painted over them! Grrrrr. Joshua Tree gets over a million visitors a year. I read that there is a crew in Joshua Tree that is devoted just to removing graffiti full time. I want to cry with Mother Earth.
Continuing on the trail......
Barker Dam:
Built around 1900 to hold water for cattle and mining use, the dam today forms a small rain-fed reservoir used by park wildlife. Water is gold in the desert.....
I took this photo, then used Picasa to sketch a photo, pretty cool......
The sun was quickly setting. I was too late for the sunset to take some good photos.
Next time ;)
I'll end this zen hike with a zen pose: Tree Pose........
We anticipated exploring more of the park. We were going to do another hike in the morning......
































No comments:
Post a Comment