It was hard to decide what to do when they got here. Where do you start when there is so much to see and do. I decided that they needed to see the oldest living things in the world: the Bristlecone Pines. I was feeling up for a nice little hike, as long as I didn't have to pack Isaac up ;)
When I explained our plans to the kids, Isaac immediately thought about a map. Can't hike a trail without a map! That's when he asked Daddy to draw him a map to our destination; from our house. Note the trampoline :)
Ava ran over to the table to create her own version of a map...............
Then she folded it up.......
When Tina, Vince, Ryder, Bodie, and Evie arrived from Vegas ~ we didn't waste any time. We wanted to get to the pines before the lightning rolled in. It was raining pretty steady when we got to the trailhead. We were all prepared with our rain gear. Rain or shine, this trip was happening.
Audrey is a trooper, she carried Isaac all the way up the trail. Then, she ended up carrying him down because by that time it was afternoon (his normal nap time) and he was too tired and put up a fit. What a free loader, I guess he's allowed to be at that age ;)
As you can see by the photo below, he loves the pack!
Making our way through the forest and talus slopes......
Ava and Evie are both in first grade. I think they were cut out of the same pattern; except Evie has a little more attitude :)
lol
We had to get a group picture. This is all of us, except for Ryder. He's a teenager and has his own ideas....
We hiked back down, then drove back to Baker to join everyone at the Snake Valley Reunion BBQ. We consumed some delicious food. Somehow the kids were still up for more activity in the day. Audrey took us in Lehman Caves; my old stomping grounds..........
The De 'Angelo Family (even Ryder)
:)
We even manged to make it to the Border Inn party afterward (around 9:00), even though I could have put my feet up by this time :)
Ava and Isaac both fell asleep in one of the booths in the restaurant while the band played in the room next to us. I guess that day was a wrap! Haha :D
The next day, Sunday, we had a leisurely morning (except Vince who rode his bike all the way up the scenic drive and back from Baker!).
Later in the day, we went over to mom's house to visit and eat dinner. I couldn't help but think how awesome it was to get together like this after 10-20 years!
After dinner, as the storm clouds rolled in and the isolated thunderstorms creeped across Snake Valley, we took a ride to the salt flat and sink hole.....
Adam took that last photo of us. Daryl was there too, but he wasn't it the photo. Bryan was at BYU in the lab the whole weekend, so he's not pictured.
Great company, great memories...... we will most definately do it again.
Sooner!

No comments:
Post a Comment