Monday, January 21, 2013

Skiing is a Dance; the Mountain Always Leads

Eagle Point, near Beaver Utah, had a free skii day for Nevada. We were all on top of that! A group of us made the 2 hour drive to enjoy a full day of fun! This was Bryan's first time skiing and have hadn't strapped on skis since 1998! So, this was my second time on the slopes. Gretchen was very patient with me the whole day!

On the drive, we noticed Eagle Point lived up to its name  ;)


The place was not busy at all. Wide open slopes!
 ~ which means not a lot of people witnessed me eat snow! It was awesome!


Turn right, turn left; repeat as necessary......... I tried to watch Gretchen; the experienced skier!





By mid afternoon, we were on the "intermediate" trails which proved to be more challenging



This is the only "group shot" I got of the whole day:
John , Ben, Pepper, Gretchen, and Joseph........ and us as we sat on the lift.



By the time the resort was closing; my legs were telling me they were going to shut down too! It took all my strength to get down the slopes. If I fell, it was soooo hard to get up ~ I felt like a turtle on its back. So crazy! My legs were shaking and barely keeping me erect to make it down. But, I made it! It was a good pain!





There are really only three things to learn in skiing:  how to put on your skis, how to slide downhill, and how to walk along the hospital corridor. 
~Lord Mancroft, 
A Chinaman in the Bath, 1974

Hahahahahahahahahahahah :D

Until next time! And there will be a next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment