Friday, January 18, 2013

Play, Laugh, Grow!

You may know that as the slogan for "Fisher Price."
I remember spending countless hours playing with the fisher price little people sets. They take me right back to my childhood. I think mom bought us all of them one by one over the years. This included the train set, the carousel, the hospital, the house, the farm, the playground, the airport, the garage, the school, and city, and the zoo; "Wheww!" I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten about. I'm not sure whatever happened to that large collection of toys.
So, now we have quite the collection in our house. I'm a sucker for vintage toys. The farm set we have came all the way from Ohio from Grandma Hamilton (Bryan played with it over 30 years ago!). All the other sets I bought on E-bay years ago when I was pregnant with Ava. The schoolhouse, however I got for the kids last Christmas. I'm happy I did it then ~ because go check out how much these sets are now! Seriously.
Isaac likes me to set up everything together. Why not? It's so much more fun. Ava likes to play with these too when we mix some breyer horses in with it. They always have me set up all the accessories. It makes me smile to see their enjoyment with these (now vintage) toys just as my siblings and I enjoyed them long ago. Most of the little people we have look like they were made this year! They are in such great condition.
I decided to get some photos while we had some of them set up. It just looked so cute. I hope you can relate to this. These, and other vintage things remind me of the simple, enjoyable, good 'ol days. They encouraged creativity, and imagination. The smiles on those little people mirror the smiles of the children that play with them :)
There's just some toys that don't go out of style. Fisher price little people; priceless :) 







Play, laugh, grow! (and every once in a while revisit sweet memories of childhood).........

No comments:

Post a Comment