Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Winter Arrives on the Peaks

I love when Mother Nature allows us to have a real Fall season; unlike some years in the past where it goes from Summer to Winter in a blink. This year has been a gradual change permitting us to enjoy the great outdoors and all the beauty the season brings. Frost hasn't been nipping at our toes yet in Baker. In fact, here it is October 16th and I'm looking out my window at my tomatoes still ripening on the vine. Granted, it's taking them longer to blush, but I am going to enjoy my non-warehouse ripened fruit while I can! I still go out and pick a few everyday. Speaking of picking, we transformed  our home-grown pumpkins into Jack 'o Lanterns, since the holiday is around the corner!

Between the bushes of marigolds, blooming rabbitbrush, halloween apparel, tree foliage, pumpkins, and Isaac's hair ~ there sure is a lot of orange around here! Haha.
(I'll post photos of our Jack'o Lanterns another time)

Last week we anticipated a colder day bringing us much-needed moisture. Rain soaked the ground most of the day.


The next day, we saw that Old Man Winter made an impression on the peaks............


Wheeler on the East Side



Wheeler on the West Side
 

Of course angry weather usually occurs on the one day I go to Ely! But, it made for pretty scenery. I love driving through Snake, Spring, and Steptoe valleys ~ just not in the snow! I know that that scenerio is creepin' up............


No comments:

Post a Comment