Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mt. Moriah 2012: Hiking

Hiking in the Mt. Moriah Wilderness is something every person should do at least once. We hiked up to The Table last year (which was one of the most memorable hikes I've ever done), so we wanted to explore a different area this time around. But, before we departed, I had Meg take a quick family photo for us.....




We were off to expose ourselves to the randomness of mother nature and get some vitamin D!
A cure for what ails you is right out the window.  No nature-deficit disorder in my household! Every step improves the immune system. The healing world of nature.  Sorry, I just caught myself going off on a tangent......
Anyway, back to the hiking pictures:

 
 
 

 
 
The Bristlecone Pine makes our time on earth seem insignificant; after the thousands of years that have passed them by........





 




In the moment......



Precious moments; living in the present with the ones you love :)



This is Elk country. We didn't see any, but we were surrounded by their bugling calls. Also, we saw signs of them everywhere.......
 
 
Tracks
 
Scat

Tree Scratches

Remains

 
 
It's therapeutic to stop and smell the roses...... or just stop and do nothing for a moment & enjoy the scenery. I invite you to stop for a moment to view some of the scenery that I captured on camera of beautiful Mt. Moriah...... on my next post ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment