Monday, July 23, 2012

Crystal Ball Cave / Gandy Warm Springs

My friend Nomi arranged a field trip to Crystal Ball Cave which is near Gandy, UT.
It had been a couple of years since I'd been into this particular cave before. It's always neat to go inside. Plus, there's usually a strong possibility to see bats (which we did, but I didn't get pictures of them).





Gerald is always a great, informative, and entertaining tour guide who is passionate about the cave. He's a great care-taker of this jewel.




Cave Cricket




One of the new findings in the cave, which I hadn't seen was the remains of a prehisoric horse (that was the size of a dog back in its time). There were a bunch of little bones scattered around the ground.....



 
Gerald is holding one of the hoves of that horse in the picture above..................




Following the cave tour we went over on the other side of the mountain to warm springs where the water is a constant 72 or so degrees. On a cloudy day, it was so refreshing! I was reminded how much I absolutely love this oasis in the desert (also known as Eden)......




Critters of all kinds love it here. I think I got photos of all the species of dragonflies (at least that I noticed) flying around........






Closeup of the fagile, beautiful wings



We had such a great time. Isaac had so much fun he passed out and slept in the back of the 4runner for a while :)



As he slept, the party continued..............



 
Some made a splash for hours; others took an opportunity to wind down and relax............

 
 

Self-portrait :)

It's quite the drive to get here, but SO worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment