Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Birthday Weekend: Ute Stampede Rodeo

We went to the Ute Stampede (tough enough to wear pink) Professional Rodeo in Nephi, Utah. With great rodeos come great carnivals. With great carnivals come great rides! We had a blast! I wish we'd spent more time on the rides. I was like a child in a candy store! Seriously, I was probably equally excited as the kids. As you can see by the photo below, so was my aunt Tammy!
LOL :D

I made a mental note that we will continue to attend rodeos in Nephi when we go :)
I literally took a couple hundred photos. But, I won't overstimulate you or blogger; Hahaha
So, here are some of my favorites................














Then, came the main event...................and they call it the rodeo!!!!
It started out a perfect night (weatherwise)..............














About halfway through the event ~ it started pouring rain. I mean downpour from the angry sky! Thankfully Jon reserved our tickets under the stands. It was quite the show in the arena and in the stands across us as people (unprepared for the sudden weather) exited as quickly as they could blocking heavy, fast raindrops.
The arena soon became soup! But, the rodeo went on! The dust became mud! Now things got even more interesting! Haha :D




















One of the bullriders was the cousin of Lane Frost (famous bullrider) if you are familiar with him  ;)





















That was a terrific way to spend my birthday! I was thrilled!
I posted many, many more photos on facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment