Last Tuesday, a couple of friends (Rosaleen & Alex) myself and the kids went on a hike to Lexington Arch. If you aren't familiar with this trail it's not too long (I think 1.7 miles one-way) however it has quite the elevation gain. The wildflowers on the ridges were absolutely abundant and even more beautiful this year!

Ava would stop periodically and pick up sticks and rocks. Those switchbacks are steep - especially for a 3 year old! I had a variety of snacks with me of course, which made the trip a little easier. Ava seemed to get some energy comsuming gummy bears on the way up :)
I was surprised because she didn't actually complain as much as I thought she would considering the challenge. She made it all the way to the bench where the overlook to the arch was! I was one proud mamma! Of course we had to document this momentous occassion - here is the proof :)



Isaac did really good too - he sucked water through the camelback all the way up the trail. For the last little (yet hardest) part of the trail Alex carried Isaac and I carried Ava in their packs.

There was a nice cool breeze at the top which was refreshing. We were all happy sitting up there under the 7 story limestone arch, eating goodies and taking in the beautiful view.





Eventually the refreshing breeze turned into wind so we made a decision to head back down the trail. Rosaleen offered to hike Ava down on her back while I took Isaac.......



It wasn't long before both Isaac and Ava fell asleep in their packs.....................
I told Rosaleen "Ava really earned and deserved that nap!"
I plan on doing more camping and hiking this summer ~ oh, the possibilities!!!
Thanks Rosaleen and Alex for sharing that little adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment