........... and I'm not talking about my kids......they are more nutty
;)
lol
It's late this year - but we are finally enjoying the fruits and veggies in our garden! Ava's been hands-on this year with planting and picking :)
Come to think of it Isaac's good at picking too....... lol
Gardening is hard work but it totally pays off - no more buying tasteless tomatoes & carrots, and "hello" fresh peppers, squash, beans, onions, zuchini, and beets!!!!
Even though it's been more of a struggle this year, we count our blessings :)
This is Ava out in the raspberries..... during the day, those flagstones are so hot - so we mostly pick and eat the raspberries during the morning or evening..........
We got to eat our first tomato a couple of weeks ago. Obviously not as sweet as the lollipop in Ava's hand, but even more delicious; yummers!!!!! We have a bunch of green ones on the vines.
Surprisingly there are no tomato worms that I normally have to pick off one by one. I'm sure it's a matter of time, but I'm still battling with potatoe bugs, ear wigs, and some grass hoppers. Although, the ducks and peacock are mostly doing a good job with the grasshoppers this year :)
There are just so many bugs this year with all that extra moisture we recieved.
I planted a good variety of tomatoes and peppers this year. Bryan is going to especially like the jalepeno peppers ;)
The carrots are looking pretty good! The corn wasn't so good so I replanted rooted veggies in its place so we can enjoy carrots and beets in the Fall and Winter :)
Check out the number and size of those beets! We need a Farmer's Market in Baker.....
I'll just give some to the neighbors :)
It's fun to watch my garden grow - but even better to eat it!!!!
Here's to nutritious, tasty food!
What an awesome garden! Looks like you're doing great!
ReplyDelete