They were facinated by a lot of different things - but they seemed to favor water, sticks, and flowers :)
Of course I had my camera in hand :)
We thought this rock was pretty cool and Ava wanted to take a picture by it ;P








After wearing ourselves out we decided to go ahead and start toward home. I noticed a yellow-bellied rock marmot sunbathing on a rock. She stood there motionless for a minute.
Then she looked around and whistled.........


I knew it was a "she" because she wasn't alone........... her three new babies were sitting in her shadow. We quietly watched them for a little while.




I knew it was a "she" because she wasn't alone........... her three new babies were sitting in her shadow. We quietly watched them for a little while.
They were amazingly patient with our presence ..........

The babies would pop in & out of the rocks..........

Mom always stayed close............................. these critters are actually pretty fun to watch :)
The babies would pop in & out of the rocks..........
Mom always stayed close............................. these critters are actually pretty fun to watch :)
I was happy we got out on the trail Friday - because a storm came in and stayed the next two days bringing wind, rain, and a measurable accumulation of SNOW!!
Photos to follow in my next post...................
Awesome pictures, Jenny. Your kids are, as always, adorable. That's pretty amazing that the marmots stayed around long enough for you to get pictures.
ReplyDelete