Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marvelous March!

This is the time of year I get that itch for Spring! Knowing that in a few weeks I can start my tomatoe and pepper seeds (indoor of course). I'm going to be more p.r.e.p.a.r.e.d this summer when it comes to my garden! I know, I know the leaves haven't even sprouted on the trees yet - but I know it's around the corner. And that lifts my spirits :)
The brown ground is looking greener and my hyacinths are poking their heads out of the soil! They do this every year this early! They always end up getting snowed on after they pop up. Speaking of snow - we just had another 4-5 inches last weekend. So, after complaining about it - Ava and I went and played in it.........
This first photo is pretty cool because I just noticed the snow blowing off MT. Wheeler in the background.


That's our little tool shed that Ava turned into her personal art space using chalk :)
Ok, I added to it too...............lol



I hope Ava has minimal damage to her teeth after chomping ice cycles all winter long......




Most of this snow has already melted. I hope these are the last "snow photos" I'll be posting this winter.......... Uh hum. I can dream can't I?
In my head, it's not truely Spring until the barn swallows arrive :P
I'll let you know when I see them - you can count on that!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya Jenny! Spring feels soooo close! Especially, now that when I leave for school it is light and there are birds chirping! You can just feel it is almost here! Yay! In probably 2 or 3 weeks the trees should start budding! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the trees to look "alive" either!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete