So, here are some photos of things at our house (mostly in the yard).
This is the pan hanger (we bought like a year ago) that Dan Dore installed in our kitchen yesterday! Yeah - now we have some more room in our cabinets! We're lovin' it!
:D
This is the duck pond (beginning stages) that I dug out. I just planted some bushes near it too. Next year it'll look better. It's a work-in-progress. I just wanted somewhere the ducks could go to cool off besides a bucket of water. lol.
This is one of the warmest Septembers I can remember. I'm not complaining of course - It means more outside playtime and longer garden growing season. We are still enjoying tomatoes and peppers (soon, squash). I've got tomatoes coming out the ears!
This photo is just showing (on the right) the hedge that we transplanted. Next year we'll have a large, healthy-looking hedge :)
New trellis that the grapes are growing up.............
Yucca/rock garden..............
It's great to have this warm weather. I'm enjoying the flowers and Fall color.
I'm not enjoying the blooming rabbit brush as it gives me allergies. But it's pretty :)
Various cacti gardens...................


Hollyhocks still in bloom :)


Squash is growing out of the garden.................


Rose of Sharon...........

Next Spring I'm going to plant some pretty flowers in this planter box next to the porch. Also hang another hummingbird feeder. We had a lot of hummingbirds this year.

Rose of Sharon...........
Next Spring I'm going to plant some pretty flowers in this planter box next to the porch. Also hang another hummingbird feeder. We had a lot of hummingbirds this year.
We planted a couple of wild plum trees, currant bushes, and dogwood bushes on the edge of the grass. We'll finish off lining the edge of the grass with two more railroad ties. We also want to get more fruit trees.

Then on the North side of the house - we'll plant more native plants. Like I said, I'm enjoying the great weather we are having (minus the occassional wind). I'm not ready for cold, wet weather just yet. So much to do!
Alaska (our new kitty) is growing really fast. If she's not sleeping - she's hyper. Here are a couple of videos:
Your yard is awesome! I've been so unmotivated this summer, it's just been too hot. So ready for the fall. Loved the videos, Ava is adorable and so cute with Alaska!
ReplyDeleteThanks Em! Yeah - it only took ALL summer to accomplish most of it with 2 kids. lol. You know how it is. Getting motivated is a challenge too.
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDeleteEverything is looking great! I know how much work that is, especially with two kids. ☺ I can tell you've been working hard.
Thanks Annette :)
ReplyDeleteYard work can be more like therapy for me. I like to do it (depending on what it is). Mostly I like to see progress and results. Soon, you'll be working madly in your yard too! lol