Monday, August 30, 2010

Alaska: Seward

Alaska: DAY THIRTEEN & FOURTEEN


Seward was one of my favorite towns. It had the mountains, beaches, and an abundance of wild animals. It was small - but busy and beautiful......




We took an awesome cruise. That boat featured in the picture above (obviously) was not the one we went on. lol





The orca were flirting with the boat jumping and swimming all around. They sure were awesome to observe. At that moment Isaac was being fussy - as well as almost every moment we were on the boat. I don't know if it was his teeth, pressure in his ears, or just the motion of the boat. He was not a happy sailor.



This is one of the more famous glaciers, I forgot the name of it already.



If you look closely at the photo above - you can see Harper Seals hanging out on the ice....




We heard the "White Thunder." The ice moans & creaks loudly as it breaks apart and collapses in the water. I tried to get a video - but the other people on the boat were more aggressive at getting their photos with their huge lens's. I wasn't about to fight my way through with a baby. ha ha.


After the cruise - we looked at all the angler action by all the shops...........

These photos were taken at our cute little Bear Creek Cabin. It was the nicest place we stayed at on this whole trip. There was a bunk bed for Ava and a futon on the bottom. Everything was brand new.
The following day we went to the Sea Life Museum:



Talk about a close encounter! I bet she won't forget that :P
After the museum we went to the beach.





I'm so happy we had the opportunity to go to Alaska. It really is a different world. I wouldn't want to live there - but I would go back again in a heartbeat and visit again. I feel like we just scratched the surface. Someday ;)

4 comments:

  1. Wow is all I can say. I keep repeating myself on your Alaska blogs! It's so beautiful and I'm so going there someday, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved our Alaska trip and would go back any day, well any day in the summer. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    Germaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Yeah - I would recommend the summer too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Looks like an awesome trip! So awesome you had the opportunity! I'm jealous! Ha,ha...

    Love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete