Thursday, May 13, 2010

Today it snowed in the mountains and provided Baker with some measurable rain. It made for some beautiful scenery. At the end of the day before the sun set there was a huge gorgeous rainbow. I tried to get some good shots.



Here's our Cholla cactus I mentioned in a previous post...............

Today was a productive day. While Ava was in preschool Mom and I went on a walk (before the rain clouds rolled in) and I planted lettuce, cabbage, and spinach (thank you Grandpa Hanks!).
I tried to do some weeding - but I got frustrated with it because there are too many. Tomorrow Ava and I are going to plant corn. Maybe she'll want to pull weeds? lol
Oh, so much to do in the yard....................

















3 comments:

  1. I don't know how I managed to miss the "green thumb" genes from BOTH sides of my family, but I did. Gardening and yard work are about as appealing to me as dental work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol
    Kenneth - you may have to aquire a green thumb to take care of your new yard. You may possibly get inspired to do a garden ;)
    How's the house coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I can't wait to have a yard to work in, but I'm sure after I have one I'll find it inconvienient at times, really they can be so rewarding though. ☺

    Pretty pics Jen!

    ReplyDelete