Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kit Fox Family

The day that we woke up to all that snow - there was one pleasant surprise. I discovered an adorable family of Kit Fox out and about their den. The female and male were both keeping careful watch of their 4 pups.












I was delighted that they let me observe them for a little bit............... and capture them on my camera.






I wonder what they thought of the Spring snow? I guess they didn't mind with a home like that....













One of the little pups was a little more brave and continued playing while the other three went into hiding...............







There was ALWAYS one parent keeping watch.........
Both entrances were being guarded by both the male and female. Can you see them both in the photo below?


The pups kept poking their cute little heads in and out............. until one of the parents barked. Then I didn't see them again.













I told Ava it was "Swiper the Fox"
lol




I think she believed me..............










Still standing guard.................















Later on that day (all the snow had melted) I stopped by the den again and they were all out running around in the brush, rolling around and chasing each other. What a sight that was - and so cute! Reminded me of a litter of hyper kittens.







Here is a little video of them in action...............













No comments:

Post a Comment