Ava is all tucked in the (best ever) ergo pack. The pack holds 0 - 40 pounds. I think we may get another one sometime :)
It was warm, but windy........... especially on the mountain ridge.
Horned lizard........
Ava enjoyed it from the ground but didn't like it when we tried to get her to hold it. LOL


The indian paintbrush and cacti were so beautiful!



After releasing the rattlesnakes there were 5 more lingering around. More snakes for Bryan to take back to the lab to process............ and return the next day. lol


For your viewing pleasure here's a close-up :)
LOL
Ava enjoyed it from the ground but didn't like it when we tried to get her to hold it. LOL
The indian paintbrush and cacti were so beautiful!
After releasing the rattlesnakes there were 5 more lingering around. More snakes for Bryan to take back to the lab to process............ and return the next day. lol
The tongs sort of show the size of this "GREAT" Basin snake :P
For your viewing pleasure here's a close-up :)
Otherwise, Bryan made a quick trip to Caliente to rendezvous with some other herpetologists and look for reptiles last Wednesday and Thursday. Meanwhile Mom, I and the kids went to Elko to visit Aaron, Rachel, and Hayden. We just got back. I'll post pics on my next blog. The weather was rather unfavorable, as usual, while we were there. It was great to see the Lambs though. Today was windy in Baker again. I could continue to rant about how I hate the wind...... but I'll leave it at that.
Ava and the other kids only have 2 more days of preschool. Time sure flew by.
Yesterday Great Basin National Park started their annual King Snake Survey which lasts a week. I won't see too much of Bryan since they usually camp out. IF the weather improves - the kids and I may go to the base camp and have our first camp out of the season. We'll see..........
Otherwise, I have a list of things-to-do that is going to keep me busy this week and every other week that I can see................ lol
It's 11:00 pm, I think I better hit the sack................
Maybe I need to follow you guys around and learn where NOT to go to find snakes. Ha,ha. I don't know why I'm such a wuss. Looks like it was a fun family outing though.
ReplyDeleteGood times. Since I'm NOT helping with the king snake survey's that's a sure guarantee that the WILL find some. lol :-P I'm very unlucky when it comes to King Snakes.
ReplyDelete