Friday, February 26, 2010

Grandpa Hanks

Last week (early in the morning) I looked out the sliding glass door and I see Grandpa's white pick-up truck. He had hauled over some hay ledge for my garden and was putting it in a pile. He's repeated this thoughtful trip a few times now (rain or snow). I am so grateful.

This is not uncommon of course for Grandpa to go out of his way for others. He's always looking out for other people and willing to lend a hand (or a shovel). lol

He is one of the most hard-working men on this planet - and always has been. Although he's slowed down (deservingly) just a little - he's always taking care of someone or using his excellent green thumb to take care of something.
These are a couple of my favorite pictures of him (at the Sink Hole)

Someday, when I am his age, I hope to have that same work ethic and love.
He is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...that's nice of him. Grandpa is pretty much one of the hardest working people I know still and he's over 80 yrs old! The man can't stand to not be doing something. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's awesome. I once asked him to fix something on my sink and he was at my house hours later. I've learned that if I ask him to do something to be prepared for it to happen immediately, because no grass grows under his feet.

    ReplyDelete