Tuesday, February 25, 2020

February

Where did January go? Life just keeps plugging along. Got sucked into another "quickening" vortex. We celebrated mom's birthday with Adam, Audrey, Rachel, and her kids. We've been visiting grandpa Hanks more often. You look into his eyes and see such a spark, but his physical body is growing weaker and more tired at 91 years old.







Another birthday celebrated was our friend, Emma, who turned 10! I think, these kids are getting so big and older. Growing like weeds. Oh, wait ~ we are ALL getting older lol



Gretchen invited us on a wild caving trip. Somewhere I've never been. She warned us to bring clothes that we wouldn't mind throwing away or getting really muddy. She was right!








So many passageways to explore.
Also, being in a cave is a great place to be on a cold winter day.



We were cautious around the delicate formations, especially the soda straws.....


These last few pictures I took from Billie and Gretchen  :)


The kids in Snake Valley are so lucky to have opportunities like this. Freedom to roam. Connections with nature. A chance to play in knee deep mud and get dirty! 


Adventure seekers!


Willow was soooooo tired after after this adventure, she fell asleep after she got into her car seat haha...


The Winter Carnival is one of Garrison and Baker School's larger fundraisers. This year's theme was "Healthy bodies, Healthy Life."  Our bean bag toss game was transformed into a "Fruit and Veggie Toss." Eat the colors of the rainbow! (Willow drew the cute little landscape picture on sign).
As you can see, the game is Isaac - inspired! Hahaha



Meanwhile, at EskDale school, Ava had a Valentine's Day dance. I took these pictures and had tears in my eyes. My girl is so grown up, and beautiful. *sniff*
Don't blink.














#ifyoufeellikeyourthesparkcomeoutofthedark 






I've trying to be mindful of the "FebYOUary" motto in one of the most unmotivating months. We haven't had a significant winter storm since November, so the desert is so dry. I've been riding my bike more. Our dog, Jupiter, encourages me to keep up with her. She looks back at me and says "Are you coming?" She's a slave driver.


Bryan and Isaac helped Grandpa and Grandma Hamilton make maple syrup last year. They decided to go again this February. A lot of work is put into getting maple syrup from tree to table!



Family time is the best time.





Thankfully, the hours of the day are getting a little lighter. That makes a huge difference in the winter time. More sun makes everyone more happy.
 #heliotherapy 



Clouds, therefore elaborate sunset colors, have not been as frequent this winter. I realized that a sunset, for me, is like a drug. If I don't see one for a while, I go through withdrawals. It's neat to see my friends post their pictures from different locations and views of Snake Valley. I like people who get excited about sunsets. I think we all look forward to a splash of color across the sky to make up for the neutral colors in February. A mood lifter.










Every cloud has a silver lining......


It's been a strange winter, weather-wise. I hope we get lots of rain in the valley and snow in the mountains the next couple of months. February is the shortest month. However, it was filled with lots of love and sweet surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment