Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Winter Hike to Stella Lake

We had some measurable snow accumulate in the mountains up above 9,000 ft in elevation in early October. Ava is a huge fan of snow and had been asking me when it was going to snow in Baker. So, instead of waiting for a storm, we drove up to it.


We were so excited to get our boots in the snow! I think we over-dressed as the temps were warmer than I thought they would be. But, I would rather shed layers than be cold......






Under the watchful eyes of the naked aspens........





Ava was delighted that the snow was getting deeper.....



There were areas in the trees where the snow was eight inches to a foot deep. Even the meadow had some good measurement. Hiking through snow makes a short hike feel longer. It's more work! Haha



Stella Lake:





Perfect........ what a beautiful view







I brought my ice skates, but the ice was too thin.....




 We sat along the bank and enjoyed snacks and hot chocolate. So glad to share this moment with my might girl :)





We took our sweet time walking back. Nothing re-energizes your mind, body, and soul like a walk through the forest....


"If snowflakes were kisses I'd send you a blizzard".......







What a meaningful way to spend a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment