Back in October I jokingly posted this picture and captioned it "Me waiting for my husband to finish his PhD."
Truthfully we were both ready to stick a fork in this chapter.It's been a decade long journey. The moment I gazed at this email Bryan received, I knew this was really wrapping up.
I got tears in my eyes reading the words on the page. I can't express or describe the emotions. It was a mix of punches and flashes. A race of bitter and sweet memories swimming in my head. He managed to juggle doing a PhD with a full time job and family. It's almost impossible to find, let alone try to maintain some sort of balance. But, he did a damn great job! Roadblocked by significant injuries ~ dislocations, broken leg, and rattlesnake bite. Derailed by several deaths in the family. Birth of three kids. The primary trauma that comes from that is the lack of sleep. Other blows he, and we, had to fight out of.
My first post on this blog has been during this PhD process. Crazy. I'm grateful we've had countless family adventures and have been to amazing places in the midst of all his hard work.
![]() |
| Professional Dissertation Defense prep :) |
March 28th he passed his dissertation defense with the board with minor revisions. What an outstanding, epic achievement and commitment. He followed through and succeeded. I can't wait to watch him seal the deal at the end of April! (*Insert Pomp and Circumstance March*).
I really need that visual of him in a cap and gown to confirm that it's really happening :)
This really is a end of an era. Fitting as we approach Spring.
The season and energy of new beginnings.
I'm extremely PROUD of Bryan. I exhale a deep breath of relieve knowing that he will soon be released from a PhD prison haha. He reached and worked himself into the ground (that's an understatement) for what he wanted. He came through battered and beaten ~ but alive!
I think the poster above says it perfectly: PhD survivor. We experienced every emotion in the book during this ride. I've always admired Bryan's determination, dedication, and grit. Is there a more powerful word than tremendous for achieving this? I think we will celebrate as a family unit this year ;)
#TeamHamiFami
Dr. Hamilton, you are amazing and you deserve this!
XOXO





No comments:
Post a Comment