It felt different to tread this trail in mid November! A walk through the naked aspens, passed ice covered streams, and across the dormant meadow with watchful eyes of a couple of deer.
Stella Lake, November 11th (Veteran's Day):
By first judgement, it didn't appear good for skating...
Then we walked around and took a better look. We tip-toed lightly on the ice.....
We discovered the ice was thick enough to support us, to our delight!
There was a log next to the edge of the lake, perfect for us to put on our ice skates ;)
I couldn't believe the smoothness and clarity of the ice! Like glass! It was unbelievable! Perfect!
We were ready to go!
Practice, practice, practice lol
As I snapped photos, I kept thinking how grateful I was to be here in this moment with these faces :)
We took a break for hot cocoa. Food and beverage always tastes more delicious with a fantastic view in nature ;)
We were all showing some improvement as the minutes ticked by....
Audrey was a newbie and she already dances on ice! I thoroughly enjoyed watching her Hahaha
We were all feeling goofy :)
I took a lot of photos (and stole several from Audrey). I honestly don't know if we will have another opportunity to skate at Stella Lake again in my kid's childhood. I wanted to document it well. This was such a unique experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment