Grandpa & Grandma Hamilton traveled from Ohio to visit us in early June. We had anticipated it for weeks. We had some ideas of activities to do while they were here. We did scratch some items off the list. There were other things we had to put off because the temperatures rose to triple digits and it was too hot for most of the day. Ben was kind enough to take on chores around the house like chopping wood and installing a brand new sliding door in our kitchen (early birthday present for Bryan and I).
Big "Thank You." The door has been added to the best home improvement project category.
Grandma spent quality time with the kids. That meant I got to run around and catch up on things without interruption.
Mostly we had a low-key week at the house. Hosted a couple of BBQs when the evening cooled off a little. Enjoyed the company. At this point I've been having problems with my good camera. I relied on my phone for most of the photos.....
The kids dressed up Grandpa :)
Grandma got Willow a lady-bug girl outfit. So cute! She loves those books.....
I believe I mentioned the heat during the week. We had to wait until late in the day to even swim so we wouldn't turn into a lobster. We met up with friends at Pruess Lake.....
I wanted to take Ben and Deb somewhere they've never been around the area. I was also eager to return to Duck Water again. So, along with a group of friends, we found ourselves soaking in blue, clear, therapeutic waters.....
Another way to escape the heat was to spend some time at 10,000 ft on the Sky Island nature trail at Wheeler Peak. There was still a foot of snow in places. That was a great way to cool off!
The visit with the Grandparents was too short. I'm sure we could have kept them busy for another week ;) We had a great time. We will all get together for Christmas this year which is pretty exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment