Thursday, July 21, 2016

Flash ~ There went June!

Oh my, the summer has been a whirlwind. I guess I'll try to stick with catching up on June for this post. I'm not even sure where to start. The randomness of this blog may cause whiplash. Haha.
So, my good camera is having technical difficulties, so I've been using my camera on my phone to document the summer this far (I think I mentioned that before).
I was busy making dinner one night and I heard music playing and little voices speaking in my massage room. I poked my head around the corner to see this. Isaac giving Willow a massage lol.
I had to run and grab my phone for a picture. They have been taking notes! They know what's good for them :)


Much of June consisted of yard/garden work. Bryan deep in field work. Diego, our cat, loves it when we actually sit down so he can jump onto our laps. He's such an old man.


Willow still does what we call, "googley eyes," She does it on purpose a lot or when she's tired too. We took her for a second eye appointment. Everything looked healthy and fine....



Willow has gone through a growth spurt. She's got a 2ttitude attitude :) 
She makes me laugh and soaks in everything like a sponge. She goes through different stages of expressions. For a while she would roll her eyes and then laugh like this....


I LOVE that she's independent. She's even wearing big girl underwear! (insert applause)


She is such a love bug sweetheart


My neighbors Jess and Patrick found that their house was a home for 40-50 bats. I went to spy on them. They eventually flew away when the weather got hot......


Pruess Lake has been our swimming hole for most of the summer. We try to connect with friends there on a regular basis....













Craig and Gretchen dusted off their sail boat and returned it to the water. It was really fun to see it. It was more fun to take a ride on it. 


Pruess had a lot of traffic that day ;)







I love playing in the sand, sun, and water. No distractions. Just enjoying the moments.


In June, my yard looked amazing. Flowers blooming. Happy plants. Happy, busy pollinators......



Charlie had a birthday party. He turned 9 years old. This year it was Star Wars themed.....




Grandma's ducks had ducklings. Ava really wanted a couple. So, we took them home. I have a soft spot for birds myself ;) 





Grandpa, he's slowed down a little but hardly quits moving...... love that man!


Ava and Isaac have had growth spurts too. You can see how by the next school year kids look bigger. I can literally see them grow in front of my eyes! Ava is probably going to be as tall as Bryan. Her shoes are big and she's got long torso and legs. I can't believe her birthday is coming up too.


Summer School was in session for a week. I volunteered to do an activity with the kids. We did Yoga/Art. We did a "Cosmic Kids Yoga" where they act out a story (this one was about a frog). Then we did an art project painting something related to the story. Most of the kids used their hand prints to draw the frogs. I could tell they enjoyed it. I did too.











June was busy with other events that I didn't post. We've been spending much of our summer in the water.

Flash! There went June! 

No comments:

Post a Comment