So, if you've been following our recent adventures you may recall where we left off:
On top of a ridge, looking down at a mouth of a cave.......
The cave definitely proved to be a great shelter. In fact, it may be used by sheep herders (just a guess). Someone had lined the outside with neatly placed rocks......
There was also a fire pit at the mouth of the cave......
We hiked back up where we could get a better look of our surroundings.......
"I'm on top of the world!" moment.......
The view never gets old. Or the peace and solitude :)
The highlight of the hike for me was when Charlie looked around and said, "It's so beautiful!"
We sat down and appreciated the moment (and weather) for a while......
Poor Willow was so tired. She never did fall asleep like I thought she would.
Maybe she didn't want to miss a moment ;)
When you see pictures of me now, you are safe to assume Isaac is behind the camera :)
Charlie standing next to double rock arches......
Ava found a pronghorn antler.......
As sleepy as Willow was, she loved the walk back.......
Another wrap of a beautiful day!
"Not all who wander are lost".......
So, I've been following the forecast to help plan our activities during the week with the kids.
Guess what? There is going to be a change in the weather. A big, welcoming change!
Looks like a fun time Jenny! Thanks for taking Charlie along!!! What great memories you are making for him!! - luv, nomz
ReplyDeleteThis is what childhood is all about. I cherish the memories of the mountains when I was a child. Glad to open worlds to kids.....
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome!