Here is what the cave looks like from the highway......
I will tell you now that the road that takes you there is not a road anymore. We boulder-bounced all the way up.
Near the entrance to the cave there is a natural limestone arch which is pretty cool .......
There is an old mine where they used to mine bat guano......
The sunlight hitting the valley was really pretty.... what a view!
You can see windmills on the valley floor.
I'm happy to say they weren't spinning fast (lucky for us).....
The Pollard Family:
The lights were starting to shine on the windmills. Not too much longer until the bats would show.....
Ok, we didn't see any bats. Unfortunately. But, it was still worth the drive.....
So, we thought the bats may have all left, but Bryan talked to one of the Nevada Division of Wildlife guys and found out that some were still there. We just didn't see them I guess.
Well, we will return in September next year.....

















No comments:
Post a Comment