Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ready, Set, Snow!

The West remained in a dry spell for over a month while the East got slammed with snow. We finally got our turn with accumulating more inches than expected (around 7-8 inches). The nice thing about it is that the temperatures were not frigid and we got to play in it before half of it melted. I love playing in the snow when you don't feel like your nose is going to crack off your face. These first few pictures were taken at 7 am before Ava walked to the bus stop. It looked like a winter wonderland:









Yes, I took many photos, but I couldn't resist with such cute subjects and beautiful background.....





Isaac and I enjoyed the morning playing in the snow. We were able to do that because Willow sleeps better in the mornings than the afternoon. Of course we have to play around her schedule :)



Later when Ava got out of school we played outside for an hour before the clouds rolled in and our noses began to run.... Haha





Ava found a little hill to throw a sled down....




 Isaac (who should be napping at this time)  was too tired and sat in the sled to watch....




You have to take advantage of good snow-packing snow days because it doesn't last for long when the ground is so thirsty and the sun is out. It was a fun day!

"If kisses were snowflakes,
I'd send you a blizzard" 


2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, they are great. Looks like your crowd had a blast. I miss Nevada winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em, I do love the snow capped mountains, but I would LOVE to explore your part of the world :)

    ReplyDelete