Good thing Bryan paved the way first...... lol
He fell through the ice which had a large hollow gap inside.............
We treaded carefully over the slippery ice and made it to the archeological site
Here are some pictographs I've never photographed before...................
After returning to our vehicle, we drove up another canyon where there were some cool ice formations on the limestone cliffs.
We came upon a heard of curious deer................
Then, a minor setback on the tail end of our adventure - a flat tire.
Good thing it was still light outside :)
I tried to pay attention to where we store the equipment in case this happens when Bryan isn't around ("knock on wood" ~ hope that never happens) ;)
The deer actually stopped and watched our activity from a small distance...............
I think the flat tire ended up working to our advantage. Driving back to the main road toward home, Ben spotted another Great Basin ungulate peering at us on a rocky slope. A bighorn sheep. What a treat! Bryan was hoping to see them on this trip; we all were.
It started wandering in our direction.................
A second bighorn joined in. We watched them for about 10 minutes before they disappeared on the other side........
A beautiful ending to a beautiful day.......................
Until next time......................
Very nice pictures. I'm going to have to go see those pictographs.
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful photos. And how lucky to see the bighorn sheep!
ReplyDelete