Friday, January 20, 2012

Garrison Fun

Last week we decided to take an afternoon and head to the playground. That particular day I wanted a change of scenery. So, we ended up at the Garrison playground. The kids were eager to monkey around, even if we ended up with some stickers in our socks.....
lol







Isaac was very unhappy when I took the hat off his head. He threw a red-headed heated tantrum.....
He has a very strong opinion for someone who doesn't say much!
lol
As he proceeded with his meltdown ~  I realized how much my little man needed a hair cut  ;)



Meanwhile, Jim White's curious cows came over to watch the show (and hear the noise). Ava wandered over to greet them......
 



She also noticed the horses across the pasture. She asked "Momma, can we go pet the horses?"
I told her maybe we would another time. But then we heard tap, tap, tap hammering coming from Jim's shed. So, I said to Ava, "Let's go over and ask Jim if you can pet his horses while he's home."
She practically left Isaac & I in the dust and ran over. Ha ha.

Jim was hard at work replacing the shoes on a horse (which apparently he does every 6 weeks).
We had a good visit. Ava got to feed & pet the horses. After Jim finished shoeing, he boosted Ava & Isaac up on the horse......















Darkness was falling fast (again). We had a good visit, but we needed to get back home........




After Jim's lesson about horses and their shoes, I reminded Ava that you could also use horseshoes for something else:
Art!

;)




In other news:


Snow is in the forecast tomorrow. In fact, Great Basin National Park has a winter storm warning in effect. Could this be the first real snow storm this winter? The wood is stacked and ready.


Isaac is on the road to being potty-trained! (At least in our house and Grandma Casper's house)... but that's a great start! He's getting so big and filled out; so independent *sniff*.........


Ava shares a trait with her uncle Adam: she's left handed!

I'm sure there is more to share; but I'm having writer's block. Take shelter from the storm!



No comments:

Post a Comment