By the time I joined them last Sunday.... those three kids were as good as me! I haven't skied in 4-5 years. I really would like to take lessons still to master zigzagging. Bryan dominates the hills, he looks like a natural.
I took this first photo in the canyon on the drive up. This is exactly how it looked.... raw photo (unfiltered). Ahhhhhmazing!
We had fresh powder to ski on; as it was snowing pretty hard on the mountain. The kids were excited to go. I was nervous at first; wasn't sure how this was going to go for me.... haha
Someone shook the snow globe really hard!
Even on a holiday weekend, there were areas to find solitude. The lift even seemed empty at times.
I made it down some hills without falling so I was feeling a little more confident :)
Isaac had a difficult time in the beginning but before lunch he was really moving well.....
I had time to take more photos on the lift .....
We decided that the snow was falling so much that we were going to buy some goggles. We've always thought about having them, but it was a necessity today!
Here's a quick little video:
I let poor Isaac have my glasses until we got a replacement :)
We ate lunch (skiing works up an appetite!) and got the goggles.....
The second part of the day went much more smoothly. We were all much more happier and warmer. Ava and Charlie were doing jumps by the end of the day. They requested to take snowboard lessons next. We will see I guess. We want to try to get one more time in for the season. What a great, exhausting day! I was notified the day after that I used muscles that I haven't worked out in a while ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment