Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sizzling July

July was the hardest month this year in my opinion. It was so hot and dry. Even my garden showed it. I harvested some great tomatoes, but everything else was exhausted. We were so exhausted. We spent weeks inside with the air conditioning. There wasn't even a cloud in the sky to block the sun for a couple of weeks. It's amazing how that hot of weather drains you and makes you unmotivated. That's how I felt; unmotivated and uninspired *sigh*
The times we got outside, we waited until late afternoon or early evening when we knew we wouldn't cook like a lobster. Of course, we swam a lot. We took advantage of Pruess Lake, McGill pool, Home Farm pond, and Warm Springs. When a cloud finally arrived over the Snake Valley sky,  its very presence energized me. Just like that. I felt more alive.

























There was a lot of traffic on the water that day ;)





















McGill pool:



Ava is such a light :D


Home Farm pond:




Ava decided she's into photo bombing this year..... Haha








Who jumps off the dock first? 
Rock, Paper, Scissors......     :) 



Warm Springs:










Pocka dot summer
I feel like we've been short-changed all year long. Haha..... the days are such a whirlwind. It makes you spin fiercely then leaves you confused. I was unprepared for almost every event that popped up. I did manage to plan one thing ~ weeks ahead ~ and it was a great success: Bryan's 40th birthday. Big milestone. I failed to document it though. I had a catered surprise party at our house with friends and family over. It was great to just eat, chat, and chill.
Bryan has had a busy summer in the office and out in the field. Along with work trips and writing his dissertation. He should have an "S" under his uniform shirt. He really is a superman.
July was gone before we knew it; leaving us feeling robbed of part of the summer. However, I'm not going to lie ~ for the first time ever I was looking forward to school starting. I was finally prepared for something! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment