Saturday, April 26, 2014

Not-So-Toothy Grin

The tooth fairy has been busy at the Hami house. Ava lost two teeth in the same week. So now she has three missing. She has lost a total of 5 baby teeth now. After she visits the dentist in early May, it will be 6. We documented this toothy journey......
Also, the tooth fairy was 2 days late with the last tooth. Bad tooth fairy; bad! 
;)
Haha!



First the left big one fell out; then the right one loosened and hung sideways for days.....



It finally came out on Easter Day. I told her all the sugar made it come out.......
;)


Check out that toothless grin....
I didn't quite understand you Ava, what did you slur? Haha


Here is a fun little poem that describes the moment:

I'm having trouble thpeaking,

thinthe I lotht my middle tooth.
Jutht yethterday my tooth wath fine --
today it wiggled loothe.

At firtht I thought it thilly,
when my tooth fell out today,
But no one theems to underthtand
a thingle word I thay.

I athked my mom to clothe the door,
she thaid "That would be rude.
The door does not like wearing clothes;
it's happy in the nude."

I thaid a mouthe wath in my room
and she should come and thee.
She thaid "your mouth is on your face;
it's right where it should be."

I wonder if you underthtand
the thircumthtanthe I'm in.
I told her I wath feeling thick.
She thaid "you're looking thin."

At latht she thaw how mad I wath,
And thought I might thtop breathing.
She laughed and thaid she didn't mean it --
She wath only teething.


--Kenn Nesbitt

2 comments:

  1. oh that's funny. :) the joys of losing teeth. Great poem to go with these photos. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I thought it was funny because she actually talks that way sometimes! Haha

      Delete